FAMILY SECRETS: Three Generations by Lissa Brown
While I was doing research for Family Secrets, I came across some delicious
quotes about those wonderful grandmothers in our lives.
· A garden of love grows in a grandmother’s heart.
· A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance.
· A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.
· A house needs a grandma in it.
Louisa May Alcott
· Grandma serves kisses, counsel and cookies daily.
· Grandmas don’t just say “That’s nice.” They reel back and roll their eyes and throw up their hands and smile. You get your money’s worth out of grandmas.
· Grandma’s heart is a patchwork of love.
· Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.
· Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.
· If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.
· We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence; Grandmother was that person to me.
I love this Grandmother joke sent to me by a Grandma Hannah fan.
GRANDMA'S BIRTH CONTROL
A doctor who had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life retired. At her next checkup, the new doctor reviewed the list of her medications. Looking through them, his eyes widened as he realized she had a prescription for birth control pills.
"Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are birth control pills?"
"Yes, they help me sleep at night."
"I assure you, there is nothing in them that could possibly help you sleep."
She reached over and patted the young doctor's knee. "Yes, dear, I know that. But every morning I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16-year-old granddaughter drinks. And believe me, it helps me sleep at night."